Friday, August 8, 2014

She Loves Your Feelings...by Michael

We waited in the waiting room for what seemed like an eternity.  Just Lindsay and me.  It's not often that we get to spend uninterrupted time together; silent time; reflective time.

We talked about her eating disorder, SMA, my work as a teacher, and iPhones.

The waiting is over and Lindsay has checked herself into Linden Oaks to pursue professional help for her eating disorder.  She says ED is beginning to spiral out of control and knows she needs to "break the cycle".

I missed her dearly when she went to Linden Oaks two years ago.  I will miss her even more this time 'round since my love for her has grown.  I know she must do this for herself and our family.  I also know an eating disorder is a complicated, complex disorder that few can truly understand, unless of course, you've experienced it first-hand.

The road to recovery from an eating disorder is a long, fragile journey.  She will travel through it with grace, dignity, and strength...and with all of us right behind her.

She feels your love.  She loves your feelings.  She will do what she has to out of the love for her family...for her love is stronger than any disorder; and she will recover.