Sunday, January 12, 2014

Casten's Key to Learning...(by Michael)

Casten's Key to Learning

I have been teaching 4th Grade at Lincoln Elementary School (Elmhurst, IL) since 2001.  Before that I worked as a Daycare Supervisor & Summer Daycare Coordinator/Supervisor for Hephzibah Children's Association (Oak Park, IL) for 8+ years.

Needless to say, I enjoy helping kids and their families.  

When our oldest, Ava, was born we decided to have Lindsay be a stay-at-home mom as we planned for two more kids.  We knew that going from a two-income family down to a one-income family would be difficult at best.  We were right.  Along came Henry and our budget grew tighter.  We worked our budget, cut corners where we could and planned for our third child.  Ella came to us and we were feeling like a complete family.

Enter SMA.  The diagnosis obviously threw us for a loop.  Quite unexpected and made quite a difference in our plans.  We adjusted our budget, our lifestyle, and our existence.

Lindsay had started Mama Bracelets right after Ella was born.  It has provided some extra income but certainly not enough to make ends meet each month.  As the economic climate continues to cause struggles we have come to the conclusion that we need to do something to bring in more money.

After a few discussions we decided to have me become a tutor!  So I suppose this is the official announcement that my tutoring career has begun.

I have created a website and a Facebook page to help spread the word about my services.  I feel that I can make a difference for any student (through remediation or enrichment) in any subject area who is still in elementary or middle school (K-8).  My rates are reasonable, my hours are flexible, and my experience with curriculum, teaching methods, and ways to connect with kids is outstanding.  

If you, or anyone you know lives in the west suburbs of Chicago and is in need of a tutor, please feel free to pass along the following information:

Casten's Key to Learning