Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sometimes...(by Michael)




Sometimes.

Sometimes I cannot handle looking at what SMA does to our daughter.

Sometimes I grow angry at what lies in front of me.

Sometimes I want to hide away, never to see the light of day.

Sometimes I feel helpless.

Sometimes I dread getting up in the morning to face another day.

Sometimes I sit and think of nothing.

Sometimes I wonder how it will all end.

Sometimes I reach for things too far out of my reach.

Sometimes I grow jealous of the lives of others.

Sometimes I pretend that my life simply never existed.

Sometimes I desire to run through a field; never to look back.

Sometimes I imagine the end of the world.

Sometimes I pray for an answer.

Sometimes I shake my fists at the Lord.

Sometimes I sit in quiet contemplation.

Sometimes I laugh at the irony of life.

Sometimes I remember what dreams I once held.

Sometimes I cry for no apparent reason.

Sometimes I joke with stinging sarcasm.

Sometimes I hurt the ones closest to me.

Sometimes I empower myself with myself.

Sometimes I decide that I simply know best.

Sometimes I think that the waking hours are a dream.

Sometimes I wish sleep never ended.

Sometimes I stroll through our soundless house.

Sometimes I search for the demons in myself.

Sometimes I practice what I'm going to say.

Sometimes I long for my mother's arms.

Sometimes I threaten the thoughts that barrage me.

Sometimes I quell the beast that in me resides.

Sometimes I search for an answer forthcoming.

Sometimes I seek the truth.

Sometimes I travel to imaginary places.

Sometimes I step into other people's shoes.

Sometimes I jump to insane conclusions.

Sometimes I beg for understanding.

Sometimes I relish in the life that I have.

Sometimes I relinquish the struggle for power.

Sometimes I tell a lie without thinking.

Sometimes I call when there's nobody there.

Sometimes I write things no one will read.

Sometimes I draw on my experience thus far.

Sometimes I traverse a road best not traveled.

Sometimes I look to the young for advice.

Sometimes I show the best I can be.

Sometimes I believe there is not too much more.

Sometimes I take more than I can handle.

Sometimes I sit and let others just do.

Sometimes I try to make some sense.

Sometimes I fail to get it right.

Sometimes I push the limits of others.

Sometimes I pull on the strings of my heart.

Sometimes I stand for what I know is right.

Sometimes I shake off the dust from the road.

Sometimes I love.

Sometimes I hate.

Sometimes I care.

Sometimes I don't.

All the while...
I am happy to be.