Sunday, July 15, 2012

At That Moment...(by Michael)


She looks absolutely incredible...doesn't she?


If we didn't know any better I'm sure we wouldn't be thinking that this beautiful child has a life threatening disease that robs her of most movements many of us take for granted.


If we didn't know any better I'm sure we wouldn't be thinking how grand she looks as a standing person.


Ella simply cannot stand by herself.  Seeing her in this picture is a brief moment in time that I could stare at forever.

She looks tall and much older in this picture than in any other photo of her.  For starters, she is in the standing position; in addition, she is getting older.

The picture above was taken on a hot summer morning and will undoubtedly become one of my favorite pictures of me and my youngest daughter. 

The day after the photo above was taken I was holding Ella in church.  She was in a loving mood; she was in my arms facing me as we sang hymnals and at one point she wrapped her little arms around my neck and nuzzled her face into my neck saying, "Daddy."

At that moment I prayed that SMA would never take away her ability to hug...