Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sisters...



A four year old drew this picture.


She imagined it in her mind.


Her family was all together in the family room and she sang as she drew it.


Her parents were sitting, enjoying a glass of wine, playing with their youngest.


Her younger brother was playing with his new toys he had received from his birthday.


She worked on this picture for a good twenty minutes.


When finished, she presented it to her parents; who were taken aback by the sheer joy expressed in the faces of those drawn.  A child-like quality permeates this picture--not because of it's design being at the hand of a child but by the message that is spoken by it.


The message that rings true from this "Ava Original" might go something like this:  


"This is my sister.  I am and always will be here for her.  I notice her, I appreciate her, and I love her.  This is my sister.  I will take care of her all the days of her life.  I'll laugh with her, cry with her, hold her, and comfort her.  I will protect her.  This is my sister.  I am proud to be hers."


Ava and Ella will have an uncommon relationship--they already do.